Sunday, September 21, 2008

Six Mile Run : Test Ride

Spent an hour yesterday, bimbling around the new trail which was cut last week.

I arrived at the car park on Jacques Lane, just in time to find a hunter packing his truck. There was no deer strapped to the hood at least ...

Anyway, I rode into the reserve and quickly found the new trail.

It's pretty good fun, although it needs a fair bit of usage and tuning yet. There was also a lot more new stuff running into the field and plantations, so someone has been very busy.

This was the first time I have ridden my mountain bike for months and it showed. I found it hard to gain a rhythm, although climbing benefited from my recent road work, so threading through the trees and keeping the momentum to negotiate the more technical zones was more of a problem.

But still, I enjoyed it.