Thursday, February 26, 2009

Indianapolis, IN

Here I am, currently in rather grey, but unseasonably mild Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.

I flew in yesterday, into Indy's very new and rather nice airport. Nice, that is, in the way any airport could actually be nice ...

I am here for the North American Handmade Bicycle Show. I'll be running the show's web presence. You can visit the show's website here, or the daily blog here.

Indianapolis calls itself the Crossroads of America. It may be, but when I initially considered taking the green option and getting a train here it turned out to be rather difficult. Oh well ...

Downtown is marked for me by its fairly original vernacular buildings and shops, rather than its late 19thC/early 20thC institutional buildings and modern corporate architecture.

More later ...