Wednesday, July 07, 2010


PFW : Griggstown Grinder : 20100706

Well, this turned out to be a very hot day. Indications were that it was over 100F/40C.

As I started out for the ride - I usually ride up to the rendezvous - it was if someone was blowing an unusually hot hair-dryer into my face. When it's just hot, once you're moving along there is enough of a breeze to induce some degree of cooling effect. But not this day. It was very hot.

Fortunately, Diane chose discretion and we set out on a gentle, flat and rather short tour of the Millstone river valley.



It was definitely a day to look after your hydration. I drank two 24oz bottles.

I have used insulated bottles for a while now and if you fill them with ice and water or your favourite sports drink they'll stay cool for a couple of hours. If you are really organised, fill them and leave them in the freezer overnight.

Thanks to today's especially intrepid Griggstown Grinders ...