Sunday, April 06, 2008

Stuff 05 : Sansa®TakeTV™ video player

I have had one of these devices for a few months now, and I have to say it's one of the best things since sliced bread, particularly if you download UK - or any other, of course - tv shows and would like to watch them on the big screen rather than hunched over your computer.

The Sansa®TakeTV™ video player enables you to copy video media files from your computer, via its USB port and then play them back through your tv.

The system consists of three parts; 8Gb USB memory card, remote and tv docking station, plus connecting cables and power supply. Output is only NTSC, at least in the US version.

There are short-comings. The unit will only play .avi files and certain .divx flavours, but it's still a kick to watch the latest Dr Who a couple of hours after its UK broadcast as I did last evening. The video quality is as good as the original file. HD downloads look very good indeed.

If you want to watch your downloads on tv then I can recommend the TakeTV.

* I should add, I have no connection with the manufacturers or retailers other than as a satisfied customer.


*See my hifi / media index here.