Wednesday, June 06, 2012


Griggstown Grinder : 20120605

Tuesday evenings haven't a good weather record this year, and this evening threatened no better as rain spattered the windscreen on the drive up to the rendezvous.

It wasn't just me who was pessimistic as just a handful of riders showed up and with Diane away, it fell to Andy to lead.

We threaded a figure-eight path so we didn't stray too far from the cars in case of more rain, and indeed the heavens did manage a few spots plus a light sun-shower, but, being the hardy folk we are, we pressed on anyway.

I've posted the route below, and also a link to Strava, an application which compares your rides, matches up portions of the route you or others have done before and compares your performance. I do this with trepidation since, so far, my figures are pretty modest. However, I am one of the oldest there so I take comfort in that.