Friday, July 04, 2008

Stuff : 04.07.2008

Well, I've done a few miles over the last ten days or so; maybe 100.

Not much to report, although my legs did ache on my last ride. However, my average ride is now between 30 and 40 miles at what Princeton FreeWheelers calls C+ pace.

We got caught up by a B pace group on the last ride. After the initial rush as they caught up it wasn't too difficult to keep with them, but I think it will be a while before I try a ride with a B group.

What did surprise me was how cautious even B group riders are on downhills. Now I'm no demon descender, but I was faster than most. Bearing in mind that I'm considered pretty cautious myself back in the UK, I'm going to say that the lack of many good downhills here means that riders do not get enough practice.

I don't have another ride scheduled for the next few days. I'll give those legs a rest.