Tuesday, June 28, 2011


Griggstown Grinder : 20110628

I read the forecast. There should have been thunderstorms, but all I saw were a few drops of rain earlier in the day. So it was hot and muggy. Is that a British expression? Okay ... it was hot and the humidity was high.

I don't think I drank enough today. My legs  ached. I went backwards on the hills. If someone had offered to buy my bike? I might have thought about it.

 I wasn't the only one.

Anyway ... apart from that it was a great ride. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Maybe not stronger, but wiser. The lesson is, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Start drinking water well before the ride. Take more than you think you'll need with you.

In the end we all survived ... Thanks Diane for yet another challenging ride. Yes, it was enjoyable ... in an S&M sort of way. Thank you.



Summary: 30.70miles/50km and 2,400ft/730m climbing.